Lighthouse as a Destination
– The Point Prim Lighthouse, built in 1845, is the oldest lighthouse on Prince Edward Island.
– The lighthouse is one of only 3 round brick lighthouses in Canada.
– Built to aid navigation along the Northumberland Strait, particularly into Charlottetown Harbour.
– Designated a Provincial Heritage Site
– Designated under the National Heritage Lighthouse Protection Act
– Designed by architect Isaac Smith, who also designed Province House, PEI.
– The Point Prim Lighthouse Society was incorporated in 2011.
In the News
Point Prim Lighthouse receives Federal Heritage Protection Conde Nast “Point Prim one of Canada’s most beautiful places 7 PEI Lighthouses make National Heritage List 7 PEI Lighthouses you need to visit Point Prim lighthouse gets a makeover Future bright for P.E.I.’s Point Prim light