Photo By Krista MacRae
Lighthouse as a Destination
– The Point Prim Lighthouse, built in 1845, is the oldest lighthouse on Prince Edward Island.
– The lighthouse is one of only 3 round brick lighthouses in Canada.
– Built to aid navigation along the Northumberland Strait, particularly into Charlottetown Harbour.
– Designated a Provincial Heritage Site
– Designated under the National Heritage Lighthouse Protection Act
– Designed by architect Isaac Smith, who also designed Province House, PEI.
– The Point Prim Lighthouse Society was incorporated in 2011.
In the News
Point Prim Lighthouse receives Federal Heritage Protection
Conde Nast “Point Prim one of Canada’s most beautiful places
CBC references Conde Nast article (Point Prim Lighthouse named on ‘most beautiful’ list)
7 PEI Lighthouses make National Heritage List
7 PEI Lighthouses you need to visit
Point Prim lighthouse gets a makeover Future bright for P.E.I.’s Point Prim light
What to see and do on Prince Edward Island
Photo by Alex Bruce